Hydrosal® Gel is a unique first-line topical gel treatment for excessive sweating. Developed by a dermatologist, Hydrosal Gel has a proprietary formula combining highly effective aluminum chloride hexahydrate in a gel base.
Hydrosal Gel is not a regular antiperspirant. It is a specially formulated gel intended for individuals with excessive sweating. It contains 15% aluminum chloride hexahydrate, an ingredient proven to be more effective than other aluminum salts used in regular antiperspirants. The composition of Hydrosal Gel leads to increased penetration, thereby offering prolonged relief.
Hydrosal Gel has a low risk of irritation due to its proprietary gel base. Clinical studies have demonstrated that the gel vehicle is better tolerated than an alcohol solution most commonly found in other products for excessive sweating, resulting in less irritation1. Hydrosal Gel not only helps to reduce perspiration, but also reduces odours2.
Aluminum Chloride Hexahydrate 15%
Directions for use:
- Wash and dry the area to be treated. A hair dryer set on “cool” could be used if necessary.
- Apply a pea-sized amount of Hydrosal Gel and spread evenly.
- Repeat for seven consecutive nights, then continue as needed.
- For sensitive skin, 2-3 applications per week at bedtime are initially recommended.
- For minor irritations, a hydrocortisone cream could be applied an hour before the application of the gel and 15 minutes later if needed.
If irritation persists, stop the product and contact your doctor. Hydrosal Gel should not be applied to irritated, freshly shaved, or broken skin.
- Do not use if you have hypersensitivity to salicylic acid, ASA, or aspirin
1. Newman JL, Seitz JC: Intermittent use of an antimicrobial hand gel for reducing soap-induced irritation of health care personnel. Am J Infect Control, 1990 June, 18:3,194-200
2. Hölzle E, Neubert U. Antimicrobial effects of an antiperspirant formulation containing aqueous aluminum chloride hexahydrate. Arch Dermatol Res.1982;272:321-329.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- Opens in a new window.
- Opens external website in a new window.