Supports healthy digestive function and relieves gastrointestinal discomfort caused by hard-to-digest foods
- Optizyme contains full spectrum of plant-derived digestive enzymes working in different pH zones of the entire gut.
- Contains high dose digestive enzymes to yield much faster and more effective relief to symptoms of indigestion and malnutrition.
- Proteases could effectively relieve prolonged allergic symptoms such as eczema and chronic sinusitis caused by foods.
- Also useful for individuals who are convalescing from illnesses, severe injuries, burns, chemotherapy or operaitons/surgeries by helping them obtain better absorption and tolerance of foods.
Adults - Take 1 capsule with or after meals, three times a day, or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Consult your health practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding; if you have diabetes; if you have gastrointestinal lesions/ulcers, are taking anticoagulant agents, anti-inflammatory agents or other enzyme products or are having surgery; or if you have allergy to latex or fruits (eg. avocado, banana, chestnut, passion fruit, fig, melon , mango, kiwi, pineapple, peach, and tomato).
Headache, heartburn, bloating and hypersensitivity (eg. allergy) have been known to occur; in which case, discontinue use. Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhoea have been known to occur, in which case discontinue use (and consult a health care practitioner). Discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
For Carbohydrate Digestion:
Amylase (from Aspergillus oryzae).....17500 DU
Glucoamylase (from Aspergillus niger).....9.5 AGU
Alpha-Galactosidase (from Apergillus niger).....180 GalU
Cellulase (from Aspergillus niger).....160 CU
Beta-glucanase (from Trichoderma longibrachialum ).....70 BGU
Maltase (from Aspergillus niger).....30 DP
Hemicellulase (from Aspergillus niger).....30 HCU
Lactase (from Aspergillus oryzae).....650 ALU
Invertase (from Saccharomyces cerevisiae).....213 SU
Pectinase (from Aspergillus niger)...........8 endo-P
Phytase (from Aspergillus niger)..............13.5 FTU
For Fat Digestion:
Lipase (from Aspergillus niger).......................11500 LU
For Protein Digestion:
Protease I (pH 2.5-6.5) (from Aspergillus oryzae).....23 SAPU
Protease II (pH 7-10) (from Aspergillus oryzae).....22500 HUT
Bromelain (from pineapple (Ananas comosus) stem).....120 GDU/1,800,000 PU
Papain (from papaya (Carica papaya) fruit/latex).....100,000 PU
Maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, pullulan/ hypromellose (capsule)
*VitaAid is offered available through professional clinician only.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- Opens in a new window.
- Opens external website in a new window.